Fourman Insurance isn’t your average agency. Our area code is 937, not 1-800. We’re real agents with a passion for helping our clients protect what they’ve worked hard for, and also for the community in which we live and work. When you call our office, you’ll talk to Wendy, Jeff, Scott, or Ann. If you have a question about whether or not you should submit a claim, we’ll walk you through it. If you have an idea for a community cause, we’d love to hear it.
Established in the 1940s, our agency has withstood the test of time through personal relationships and transparent interactions with our clients. We’re there for clients in the most vulnerable of times and in some of the most rewarding moments – and every step along the way. It’s a job we don’t take lightly.
Our team of agents has a combined 45+ years of experience in the insurance industry and are experts in the areas of home, auto, life, business and farm insurance. Learn more about our products here.
Jeff Fourman, Owner and Principal Agent
A true champion of the Clark County community, Jeff is the fourth-generation owner of the agency, following in his great grandpa’s, grandpa’s, and dad’s footsteps – officially taking ownership on Aug. 1, 2017. He has been a licensed insurance agent since 2014 and graduated from Ohio University with a degree in marketing in 2005.
A 2001 graduate of Kenton Ridge High School, Jeff is a lifelong resident of Springfield and remains active in the community through numerous roles and organizations, including the Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce, Business Network International – Springfield, Young Professionals of Greater Springfield, Northridge United Methodist Church and the Gathering of the Miami Valley. You might also hear him referred to as “Coach Jeff” on the basketball court and ball fields.
Jeff is married to his middle school sweetheart, Alexis (manager and co-owner of Springfield Health & Fitness), and they have two children, Addisyn and Landon.
Wendy is an accomplished insurance professional who began her insurance career in 2007 as a claims representative for a small third-party administrator in Springfield. From there she moved into different positions within the insurance industry acquiring knowledge to expand her personal lines expertise. She became a fully licensed insurance agent in 2013 and has worked with several different insurance carriers.
She is a long-time resident of Springfield graduating from Northeastern High School in 2003 and Clark State Community College in 2007. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with friends, family and enjoying all the amenities Springfield has to offer.
Fourman Insurance Agency has strong Springfield roots that date back to the early 1940s and has been owned and operated by the same family for four generations. Here’s a look back at our history and how our agency’s legacy came to be.
- Kimber Pyles started a Farm Bureau agency in the early 1940s out of his home. He retired in the late 1950s.
- Kimber’s son, Roger Pyles, joined his dad’s Farm Bureau agency in 1944 and also worked out of his home. He was an agent for 38 years and retired in 1982.
- Farm Bureau Insurance was renamed Nationwide Insurance in 1955.
- Roger’s son-in-law, Scott Fourman, joined the agency in 1973 and was an agent for 44 years before retiring in 2017.
- Roger and Scott had an office on High Street from 1977-1996. The agency then moved to its current location on Plum Street in 1996. This office was shared with fellow Nationwide agent Tim Banion, until his passing in 2009.
- Scott’s son, Jeff Fourman, became an agent in May 2014 and took over the agency when his dad retired in August 2017.